How to Stage Your Home Like A ProfessionalMarch 12, 2018
Headed To An Open House? Here’s What To Look For.May 4, 2018
We’re not talking about life-long partnership; we’re talking about finding your dream home.
After thinking about purchasing a home for a little while, you may decide that you’re ready to take the leap. You’ve got countless Pinterest images saved, have told your friends and family you’re ready to start your search, and can’t wait to begin moving all your furniture into a place you can finally call your own.
But how do you know which home is ‘the one? Read on to find out!
1. Get pre-approved. How much can you afford? By determining how much you can spend, you will be able to modify your search without looking at homes that are out of reach. The best part about getting pre-approved is that you will find your dream home, and you won’t need to break the bank for it!
2. Find a Realtor you can trust. Finding an agent to work with is easy. But, finding an agent who understands your needs, has strong communication skills, and is willing to work for you around the clock can be a bit more challenging to find. Make sure to take your time before choosing an agent. After all, they’re helping you with one of the biggest decisions of your life!
3. Separate your wants versus your needs. This step is not only one of the most important, but it also tends to be one of the most difficult aspects of choosing a home. You may want the inground pool, but do you actually need it? Instead, could you find a home with a large backyard where you could get a pool somewhere down the road?
Making these types of decisions will keep you within your budget, narrow down which types of houses you should look at, and get you that much closer to landing your dream home.
Moving On – Time for House Touring!
1. This house meets all of your requirements. Bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage...check. If you found a home that meets your basic requirements, you should look a little bit closer. Do you love the open concept layout of the home? Is there a fenced in yard perfect for your four-legged friend? How about natural light? If all of your expectations for a home has been met, you’re one step closer to making an offer!
2. You can imagine yourself there (for the long haul). When you first pull up in front of a home, you’ll normally have a gut feeling telling you whether or not it will be something you like. Whether you’re drawn to the front porch, spacious front yard, or love the fact that it’s in a quiet neighborhood - you will begin developing your feelings for a home before you even enter.
After taking in the exterior of the home, you’ll then make your way inside to see what it has to offer. This is where the magic is supposed to happen. A good sign that you may have found your next home is by envisioning yourself there. Walking into the living room, you can picture yourself watching your favorite movie with your loved ones. The kitchen? You already know what recipes you want to whip up. The backyard? You can see family barbeques and picture your children playing on the swings. Once the imagination aspect sets in, chances are you’re hooked.
3. The house embraces you as soon as you enter. How do you feel when you first walk into the home? Do you feel comfortable walking room to room, or are you hesitant to check everything out? What does your gut tell you? Does the house invite you to explore? If you walk in and it feels like home, chances are...it is.
4. Your mind keeps wandering back to one specific house as you look elsewhere. When you begin looking at houses, you may think that getting in as many showings as possible is the best-case scenario. And often, with competition amongst homebuyers being high, it’s good to keep your options open. However, you’ll notice that when you begin touring different houses, your mind might keep wandering back to one house in particular. And if that’s the case, it’s time to make an offer!
5. You don’t want to look at any other homes. If you’ve found a home you love, shopping around for other houses may not even be of interest to you. Sometimes when you know, you know. And if you aren’t interested in seeing other houses, chances are it’s because you know you’ve already found the home that you’re going to call ‘the one.’
Ready to take the next step?
If you’ve considered buying, let Red Post Realty guide you through the process. We are here to answer any questions you may have, and find you your dream home. Don’t believe us? Contact a Red Post agent today!
Author: Krystyna Dudka